Our IT staff brings many years of experience in a broad range of computer science technologies and supporting activities. Our areas of expertise include:
- Desktop and systems programming
- Custom application development
- Website design and implementation
- Database design and administration
- Hardware setups and networking
- Quality assurance life-cycle management and documentation under NQA-1 programs.
Columbia Energy performs software design and custom application development (software development) to fit our client’s needs. We have the expertise to assist each customer in determining their specific needs and documentation requirements, including:
- Control philosophy
- Configuration and control plans
- Configuration management
- Functional requirements specifications
- Software requirements specifications
- Verification and validation plans
- Verification and validation test procedures
- Verification and validation test reports
- Software Design Description
- User documentation
Our team specializes in providing innovative solutions to our clients’ most challenging problems. We have experience in merging legacy systems with powerful new tools for our clients, increasing productivity and functionality while leveraging existing system capabilities. We are knowledgeable on cutting-edge, web-enabled technologies that deliver the most powerful and robust systems for our clients.
Columbia Energy’s web application design group uses the latest web technologies. Our designers make the interface user-friendly and intuitive, while our developers enable functionality specifically to meet our clients’ needs.
In order to best meet the needs of our clients, we develop codes in the following computer languages:
- VB 6.0
- Visual Basic.NET
- Active Server Pages
Our team is adept at using several development tools, including:
- Microsoft Visual Studio®
- Adobe Dreamweaver®
- Embarcadero XE4®
- Ironspeed Designer®
- Test Track Pro®
- Visual Source Safe®
Additionally, our team has extensive experience with an array of database systems ranging from Access and Paradox to high-end relational databases such as SQL Server and Oracle. The breadth of our experience allows us to utilize a system that best fits the clients’ needs.
We offer an innovative laboratory information management system (LIMS) with extensive functionality called OmniLIMS. The system is customized to the specific requirements of each laboratory, including government standards and requirements. For more information on the OmniLIMS please click here.