Columbia Energy and Environmental Services, an established woman-owned small business headquartered in Richland, WA, which offers full-service engineering, design, fabrication, instrumentation and controls, electrical database and software engineering and technology development, currently has an opening for a Machinist.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to): This position has a 90 day introductory period
• Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to the work schedule.
• Produce replacement parts (without the use of drawings) and make new parts in the aid of repairing and making mechanical equipment.
• Interpreting written instructions and specifications, planning and laying out work, using a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments and setting up and operating standard machine tools.
• Responsible for the shaping of metal parts to close tolerances, making standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds of machining.
• Knowledge of the working properties of the common metals, selecting standard materials, parts, and equipment required for this work.
• Fitting and assembling parts into mechanical equipment.
• Must be at least 18 years old and U.S. Citizen
• Full-time position and willing to work irregular shifts and some weekends
• Physical strength, hand-eye coordination and endurance.
• Must have ability to focus and concentrate on tasks
• Good communication both verbal and written
• Must be proficient in manual programming (M and G codes) for CNC mills and CNC lathes.
• Must be proficient in the use of manual mills and lathes for making intricate parts.
• Ability to read, understand, and complete NQA-1 work packages.
• Ability to successfully complete a drug test.
To apply for this position please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Columbia Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal and state law.